Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

To be a Story Artist (Storyboard Artist), what major should I study?

daiaennadaiaenna Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited February 2011 in Visual Arts and Film Majors
To become a story artist/storyboard artist, which major is best to study? Film? Animation????

This is a quote from a website I found:
"A storyboard artist has to have a good ability to convert verbal information into physical drawings. Some drawings are made during the meetings and then more detailed full drawings are made later on in the artists office. Most drawings are pencil or ink sketches but some are full-color drawings designed to show the directors preferences for colors, patterns or even backgrounds."

Thanks!
dai
Post edited by daiaenna on

Replies to: To be a Story Artist (Storyboard Artist), what major should I study?

• colcon2010colcon2010 Posts: 323Registered User Member
    Hi Daiaenna,
    My daughter is a student at Ringling, so I can only speak to those programs. In my opinion, you could major in Illustration, Computer Animation, or Motion Design (and maybe even Game Art & Design) to prepare for a career as a storyboard artist. Read the descriptions of each of the majors as they each have a different focus, but all will teach you drawing skills. Good luck!