Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Art School admission 2017

1192021222325»

Replies to: Art School admission 2017

• CAShirlCAShirl Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    You all have all been so helpful. Lots of great information and things to think about. I think once RISD comes in, then she will really have to sit down and think about what she wants most.
  • NYCMomof3NYCMomof3 Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
    edited March 19
    @moonpie I know we don't know each other...but I'm just steps from SVA in manhattan...you can always use me for anything if your daughter needs anything
  • moonpiemoonpie Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    @NYCMomof3 thank you!!! That is truly appreciated
  • CAShirlCAShirl Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    RISD decisions pushed out to the 30th.
  • julyleswk9julyleswk9 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    re: RISD Yep, looks like emails next Thursday and letters mailed Friday. I guess accepted students who don't live near providence but want to visit on accepted students day will have to do a bit of quick planning. Looks like a few frustrated parents on the RISD Admissions Facebook...
  • pinkmomagainpinkmomagain Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Curious if anyone is headed to the MICA admitted student's day this weekend?
  • lsichitiulsichitiu Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    @pinkmomagain , Unfortunately I could not get my daughter to go... she says she is busy with school stuff. We visited MICA during portfolio day last year but did not see the sculpture department. We are still waiting to hear the last scholarship award from MICA. They gave her money in January but now they called her and interviewed her for additional money.
  • neapmomneapmom Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    When is RISD accepted students day?
  • julyleswk9julyleswk9 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    RISD decisions update: decisions to be emailed on Monday afternoon, March 27th.
  • calicogirlcalicogirl Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    My daughter is a freshman at MICA. She is really happy there. Great professors, great dorms, fantastic merit aid. Good luck everyone!
  • pinkmomagainpinkmomagain Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    @calicogirl, thanks for posting -- glad to hear your daughter is enjoying MICA! We are heading to their admitted student's day this weekend, as it is one of the art schools my daughter is considering.
  • moonpiemoonpie Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    tick. tock...tick....tock. .......... tick......... tock........ tick............................tock