Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SCAD vs Columbia College- Chicago

FHSTNFHSTN Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
My son has been admitted to both. He loves Columbia and Chicago. He liked Savannah fairly well. Didn't see SCADs facilities when we visited. There was some reason we couldn't. Weren't open for some reason. Scheduled to visit again this month. We are from a very uneventful southern suburb of Nashville. Although everything I see kind of ranks them close in quality, I think my son would far better in Savannah because he is a tad immature socially. Strong filmmaker, good resume, lots of awards and pretty good exposure in the industry in Nashville already. Any thoughts on those two schools. Did apply to USC, FSU and awaiting decisions.

Replies to: SCAD vs Columbia College- Chicago

• JBStillFlyingJBStillFlying Registered User Posts: 1,223 Senior Member
    My daughter toured both last year and chose SCAD; however, she's interested in 2D animation as opposed to film. CCC looked like it had cool film facilities but I don't know much about it. Neither school has a dedicated campus. SCAD, however, has a very strong presence in the Savannah historic district so it's kind of like the entire area is the campus! LOL. CCC is in a great area of Chicago with the Art Institute up the street and great theater, restaurants, the park, the lake, etc. nearby. I'd go with reputation and where he really sees himself thriving, unless finances are specifically a factor (in our case, I think the COA was lower for CCC but my daughter didn't see the fit, given that they really don't do much 2D).

Good luck to him!