Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UCLA TFT FALL 2017 Interviews??

kscott_2000kscott_2000 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
Hi!

I'm super excited and anxious for the interview round that should be coming up, but I've seen a few things that are giving me heart attacks. Some people had their interviews in February, some got their interview invitation email a few days ago, and some are even saying that Transfer film students may not even get interviews.....?!

Just putting this out there to get some insight as to where everyone is at. Also, is it safe to say we can all come to a general consensus that our supplemental applications still just say "Submitted" instead of "Review"???

Replies to: UCLA TFT FALL 2017 Interviews??

• MiniGrace11MiniGrace11 Registered User Posts: 350 Member
    Yes, I believe that none of us have been informed on whether or not we were reviewed yet or not.
  • itsjackieeitsjackiee Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Is this for undergraduate or graduate?
    undergrad...well at least I am. I am an undergrad transfer. I am assuming that the OP is too (since this is undergrad application season)
  • kscott_2000kscott_2000 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    Yeah, undergrad
    @kscott_2000 freshman or transfer?
    transfer
    edited March 11
    @kscott_2000 okay, so the decision date for us should be April 14th 2017
    golly... I'm not that patient lol specially since I was relying on an interview to let me know if I had a better chance...THE AGONY lol
    I have a theory on the interviews. I think they are for people on the border of being waitlisted and gaining acceptance into TFT. I think that if you're in, then you're in (strong application + supplementals) if you're denied...then you're denied, and if you get an interview...then they don't know what to do with you and the interview is almost like a "tie-breaker." This theory is based on context clues from a very vague phone call with admissions, and past forums. (also I have seen some of the interview questions and based off of what I have seen...I'm almost positive that this is correct.)
    Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm coming to. Well, here's hoping and waiting 34 long days. And hopefully coming back here celebrating our acceptance :P
    Okay so I was randomly reviewing my supplementals (Because I am just that obsessive) and on ALL my PDF versions and google doc formats of my life challenge essay, it's 2 pages (the maximum amount allowed) BUT on the uploaded version on their system on the supplemental website... it spaced one of the sentences out weird and made it into 3! (the last sentence being on the 3rd page.) I googled it and apparently, this has been a glitch/bug in google's system for like six years and they never figured out how to fix it! I know that if you don't "follow directions" for the TFT app, you get disqualified...should I call them on Monday and ask about this? Like how do I even ask that? I had like 3 panic attacks over this between last night and today. I REALLY don't want them to take me out of the running for a spot for something that is beyond my control. I can't fix it; I'm a film major, not an computer science major!!!! :'( HELLLLP
    Oh no! I'm going to review mine now. I had that issue my first semester with google docs. I followed the margins and spacing and thought it was fine when it printed but my teacher gave me a 0 for the assignment because of that. I've been so careful ever since. I would definitely call them and if they insist it's not a big deal, have them note it down anyways. Sorry about that.
    I'm wondering if I should call them or send an email for documentation?
    I've called them before and my brain like shuts off when I'm nervous and I stutter :'( I don't want them to make a note of it after I call and think that I am inarticulate, you know?
    edited March 12
    Then I would suggest an email. I don't think the people answering the phones have much of a say in admissions (I could be wrong?) so I doubt they would make a note saying "inarticulate chick didn't check her application and wants forgiveness" But, they're probably flooded with emails soooo.... Have a friend call?