Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Portfolio question

KaidaKaida Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hi, everyone! Just a quick question. Looking at the colleges I plan to apply to, I'm seeing that I'll probably need to post my portfolio online somewhere. I'm wondering what websites people have liked best for posting their portfolios. I've seen a lot of people use flicker or deviantart, are there any others that ya'll recommend?

Thanks!
Post edited by Kaida on

Replies to: Portfolio question

• wildeyedwildeyed Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    you could try building your own website using a sandbox like Wix.com. you can upload your own materials while using pre-programmed behaviors to make it look surprisingly professional. no programming experience required!!

i would suggest you go ahead and register your own domain for a small fee good for one year (GoDaddy.com is where I bought mine), then find a web service that gives you simple tools to build your own website. that way you can post your portfolio and direct people to it. they'll be totally impressed.

for example, here is mine: Laura Louise Hines : Art*Illustration*Graphic Design (needs some cleaning up, but it's a good first draft).

good luck with your portfolio!! :)
  • 4R134R13 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    If you mean a site where you can upload images and people can visit and look at it, flickr is a pretty good site. It's easy and you can put it into a slideshow.

alternatives would be deviantart or creating your own blog