Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

ED commitment form

upmasterupmaster Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
Hello, I am applying early decision. As I was filling out the common app ED agreement form I noticed that there is also a form on WUSTL pathway that is slightly different. Are these two both required, or am I fine as long as I have the common app one signed? Thanks
Post edited by upmaster on

Replies to: ED commitment form

• Jgli95Jgli95 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    I had the same issue. Common App agreement only had space for myself and my parent to sign. I know that you also need signature of a guidance counselor so instead I printed out the sheet from WUSTL Pathway and signed that physical copy and mailed it in.
  • upmasterupmaster Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    ^Actually the opposite happened to me; I printed out the common app agreement and my counselor signed it but I'm not sure if I have to do the same for WUSTL now. (Are you sure? The common app agreement had space for a counselor)
  • Jgli95Jgli95 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    Oh I hadn't realized you printed out the common app form. I did it electronically. Pretty sure you only need one ED agreement. When in doubt, call admissions!!
  • upmasterupmaster Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    Alright, thank you!
  • mominflmominfl Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    Does any one know what the ED notification date is this year?
  • RaVNzCRoFTRaVNzCRoFT Posts: 983Registered User Member
    No, nobody ever knows.
    RaVNzCRoFT, curiously, are you a student at WUSTL that works in admissions? I've seen you on a lot of these WUSTL threads and was just wondering if you are just a good soul who has empathy for prospective students and thus tries to answer questions or if you work in conjunction with Wash U admissions?
  • onecot59onecot59 Posts: 427Registered User Member
    Go back to look at last year's ED notification thread. You can find the notification for the last several years. I believe notification last year was either Dec 9th or 10th.

Good luck
  • RaVNzCRoFTRaVNzCRoFT Posts: 983Registered User Member
    mominfl, I'm just a student trying to help. No involvement with admissions, although obviously I did apply so I'm a bit familiar with the admissions process. I try to answer any questions I can about Wash U.
    Thanks for all your insight. This whole college admissions process is very anxiety provoking as you may well remember.