Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Substance-free Housing

CC123CC123 Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
Does anyone know which dorms/floors are substance free ("healthy living") this year?
Post edited by CC123 on

Replies to: Substance-free Housing

• missmollymissmolly Posts: 381Registered User Member
    For sure, Beaumont House (the whole dorm) and Lein House (first floor). I'm not sure about the other dorms, but most dorms offer one substance free floor.
  • JeffwunJeffwun Posts: 400Registered User Member
    apparently Eliot House is sub free or something
    Shepley (2nd floor), Rutledge Hall, and Koenig (3rd floor)
  • NUgraduateNUgraduate Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Are you certain Koenig 3rd floor is substance free? My daughter is on that floor, and it did not mention this in her housing assignment.
  • CC123CC123 Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
    Do students generally get placed in sub-free dorms if they ask for it? I don't think it'd be that popular, and if it were, that Wash U would just designate more healthy living floors...? (I requested a substance free dorm and it doesn't look like I'm in one)
    NU graduate:
    I am not certain about Koenig-3, but I am certain that
    Rutledge House, Beaumont House, Lein-1, Danforth-2, and Shepley-2 are sub-free.

CC123: What dorm are you in?
  • CC123CC123 Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
    i'm in umrath-2
  • elepheleph Posts: 235Registered User Junior Member
    hmmm.....I don't know if that is sub-free....but I'm sure you'll be fine.......I mean, there are other people out there who are sub-free, but not necessarily living in the sub-free dorms (like me, I'm on Umrath 1).
  • oncampusoncampus Posts: 335Registered User Member
    Umrath 2 isn't sub free to my knowledge. I knew 2 girls on my floor last year who hadn't gotten into a sub-free dorm as they requested, and they survived perfectly fine (good grades, didn't become alcoholics, etc.). It's really not that big of a deal if you don't get sub-free.
  • step924step924 Posts: 30Registered User New Member
    What about Eliot? My impression was that the 2nd floor, at least, is sub-free.
  • gaagaa Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    Only 1 floor in Eliot is sub-free