I'm British - been living stateside for four years. I've applied to six British universities, but in case that doesn't work out I'm also applying to some American ones.
I'm in Virginia, so I'm planning to apply to UVA, William and Mary, and UNC as I know these well. However, I was wondering if you could help me build a list of safety/match/reach schools in the US. Preferably on the east coast.
GPA - 4.0 weighted, 3.9 unweighted (one B in ninth grade!) will be above a 4.0 by graduation.
SAT- took the old one twice, then took the new one twice. Have 620 Maths/ 700 Verbal / 760 Writing = 2080.
ACT- 31 composite.
Rank - 1/243.
Adv. English, Algebra I, Adv. Earth Science, Creative Writing, Keyboarding, World History I, French II, Health + Gym
Adv. English, Geometry, Adv. Bio, World History II, French III, Health + Gym
Adv. English, Algebra II, Adv. Chem, AP US History, French IV, Latin I
AP English Lit, Precalc, Physics, AP French, Latin II, Dual Enrollment US/VA Gvt.
- Dual Enrollment is a VA thing - it's college credit offered through a community college when the school doesn't offer AP. Our school offers very few APs, especially in the humanities/arts.
- Also planning to take an Intro Italian college class at a local college in VA in Spring 2006.
US History - 5
I will take AP English Lit/ AP French Language. Will hopefully do well on the exams as I am going to be made offers on them by UK universities.
US History - 720
Will take French and Literature in January. May also take World History.
- National Latin Exam - perfect score, 1% of all test takers internationally acheived this. Will be taking it again for Level 2 this year.
- Outstanding US History student award (ironic!).
-First place in Chem science fair locally, regionally, and specially asked to attend state competition.
- Academic letter for honour roll
- French Club member for years.
- Film society member.
- Now one of the two officers ("co-president") for our school French Honours Society.
- Also Latin Club Member, and Beta Club member (community service/ academic honours club).
-Contributed to creation of high school literary magazine, also founded/co-edited another lit. mag.
- Should receive a VA Govenor's Seal / also should be a VA Early College Scholar.
- Have got very nice recommendations from teachers thus far.
- Will be applying to do English Lit. at university as a major, and a foreign language minor. Being British, though, I'm not sure which schools are known to have good English departments here.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!