So I'm applying to the following school soon:
University of Virginia (legacy - participated in their legacy program)
William & Mary
University of Richmond
Penn State (In-state)
Indiana University (legacy)
Ethnicity: White (Not an Asian what??)
SAT I: 2050 (720M, 680V, 650W) (retaking in October to raise Verbal/Math hopefully).
SAT II: (Math II: 730) (Bio: 690) (U.S. History: 640 blehh)
GPA: 3.3 Unweighted.
Felt I need to explain the low GPA. My high-school is ranked #1 in my state, and does not offer AP's/weighted GPA/class ranks because they feel they teach each class above AP level (they put that on the high-school profile). If I had to rank myself I'd put myself in top 25-30%, but the top 15-20% go to ivies anyway.
- Independant Study Piano: 12 years, 5 hours a week.
- Tennis: Varsity singles player for 5 years (played up in 8th grade!
) and came in 2nd in state tournament. Been playing for 11 years. Will be captain this year.
- Volunteer at local Food Bank for 30+ hours.
Summer youth group trip to help repair homes: 110+ hours
- Member of our Mock Trial team for 3 years now. Placed 8th and 10th in state past 2 years.
- Work at a Law Firm: 150 hours
- Helped coach tennis at a country club: 40 hours
- Math League for now 3 years
My interests are in the school of business/finance.
Thank you so much!