Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Sophomore SAT Score and realistic Scholarship and College expectations

WHPHWKWHPHWK Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited September 2012 in What Are My Chances?
I've been taking an SAT Prep class for the October PSAT and I'm a sophomore in high school. My last practice test score earlier this week for the SAT was a 2040. My expected GPA out of high school is 3.1-3.6. I'm looking to go to college for a business degree and want to know what realistic expectations for what level of school I may be able to go to and how much money in scholarships I might be able to earn. Also I know it's a good score especially as a sophomore but realistically how good is it and how well is it likely to translate into PSAT and final SAT score?
Post edited by WHPHWK on

Replies to: Sophomore SAT Score and realistic Scholarship and College expectations

• CatriaCatria Posts: 10,491Registered User Senior Member
    What's your budget?

If you can get 2040 in a practice test I think you might have a chance to score 180-210 on a PSAT (and 1800-2100 on the final SAT score)
  • WHPHWKWHPHWK Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Not really sure but I am still a sophomore in high school and I haven't even finished taking geometry so wouldn't my score only go up over the next few years?
    Also as far as scholarships can I get any large scholarships based off these test scores since I'm in the high percentiles?
  • CatriaCatria Posts: 10,491Registered User Senior Member
    Depends on the school. There are schools that would offer substantial scholarships if you achieved 3.6/2200, for instance.
  • ArtsyGirl13ArtsyGirl13 Posts: 2,971Registered User Senior Member
    As for the math question, yes it will jump after you take Algebra 2, but after that your score is not really going to change, this is because the SAT includes math questions that encompass material you will learn through the end of Algebra 2. It is too early to just randomly suggest colleges. Start to figure out what you want, LAC vs large private university vs public university or the states you would look at for school. Though know that things like essays, ECs and recommendations are becoming increasingly important.