Hi guys, I have been reading CC for quite a while now and now that I'm a senior, I would like your opinions! I am a Canadian born Chinese senior studying at an international private school in China.
I'm looking to apply to the following schools:
Brown University (ED) dream school!!
Grade-by-Grade Breakdown (Our school offers no Honors courses):
Asian History A/A-
English 9 A/A
Chinese 6 A/A
Band I A/A
Physical Education A-/A
Lab Science 9 (Split into trimesters, one for physics/bio/chemistry) A/A
English 10 A-/A
Chinese 7 A/A
Band II A/A
Physical Education A-/A-
Lab Science 10 A/A
AP Economics A-/A-
AP Language&Comp B+/A-
AP Biology B+/A
Advanced Pre-Calculus A/A
Band II A/A
Chinese 8 A-/A-
General Chemistry A/A-
I decided to steal the format they use for ED/RD results to colleges LOL. Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 760 CR, 790 M, 720 W 2250 one sitting. Not taking again
- ACT: Didn't take
- SAT II: 730 USH, 710 Bio, 800 Math II
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.84
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 20% (highest available rank at our school. We rank by quintiles)
- AP (place score in parenthesis): 5 (USH, Chinese, Biology, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Language and Composition)
- IB (place score in parenthesis): None taken
- Senior Year Course Load: AP Psychology, Literature, Chemistry, Calculus BC, Band II, Journalism
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): None
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): JV Tennis (10,11), Roots and Shoots (9-12), International Youth Rights (10-12), Architectural Design Club (10-12), Academic Quiz Team (10-12), Relay for Life (9-11), Mu Alpha Theta (11-12). I have played tennis for 6 years and flute for 7 years.
This past summer I went to an orphanage in rural Sichuan to teach kids there for 10 days.
In 11th grade, I went on a Roots and Shoots trip to Inner Mongolia to help plant trees for 3 days.
- Job/Work Experience: None
- Volunteer/Community service: See ECs
- Summer Activities: See ECs
- Essays: They are ok...so far.
- Teacher Recommendation: Got one from my math teacher and AP Econ teacher. Expect both to be average.
- Counselor Rec: Not going to be outstanding because this is her first year here.
- Additional Rec: None
- Country (if international applicant): China
- School Type: Private
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Gender: Male
- Income Bracket: ~$100,000
- Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Brother attended Brown (could be possible sibling legacy)
Thanks a lot guys!! I really want to get into BROWN!