Hello, I was just wondering what my chances were for Columbia College ED. I'm already applying there but I'm just too curious.
GPA: 3.92 Unweighted
SAT: 2340 (740 math, 800 critical reading, 800 writing)
SAT IIs: 780 Math II, 780 Chemistry, 790 US History
Courseload: Not as hard as it could have been but still definitely top 10% of all students
1. Went to Dharamsala, India to help teach English to Tibetan refugees
2. Member of my city's teen commission (2 years)
3. Went to Gara Dima, Ethiopia to help educate villagers and bring medical supplies
4. Intern at Project Happiness, a local organization that tries to use philosophical principles to instill compassion and happiness into teens. Particularly inspired by the Dalai Lama and other prominent Buddhist figures.
5. Co-president of school's UN Club
Officer at school's FBLA club, also won numerous national and state level awards for FBLA competitions
7. Vice President and Co-Founder of Environmental Club on campus
8. Co-Vice President and Co-Founder (junior year) of Hindu Club on campus
9. Copy Editor in school's newspaper (since sophomre year)
10. Black belt in karate - studied it for 10 years
11. Attended Hindu Sunday school since kindergarten
12. JV Badminton in freshman and sophomore year, varsity in junior year
13. Member of the school's Comedy Hour team (joined senior year)
Recs: I expect the two teachers to be very strong, the counselor to be moderately strong
Essays: I expect them to be moderately strong.
Hook: It's not much of one but I'm applying for a philosophy major and many of my extra curriculars are tailored towards that.