Chances at Rice, USC, and Northwestern
Hi everyone! I know there are millions of these threads out there, but as a senior in the middle of college applications, I am anxious to know if I have realistic chances at the schools I am applying to. Furthermore, I am wondering how colleges will see a straight A student whose grades are dropping suddenly due to personal, medical issues. Thank you!
- Schools I am applying to: Rice, Northwestern, and USC
- From Alabama, first generation immigrant from China (if these matter)
- GPA/Rank: UW 3.98, W 4.52, Rank 2/304 in my senior class (For now)
- SAT/ACT: 2000 (R 650, M 670, W 690); ACT 31
-AP/IB: 3 AP classes (APUSH- 5, AP Euro, AP Psych (will take test)), 6 IB classes (Chem HL, English HL, History HL, Film SL-6, French B SL -5, ToK, Math Studies)
- ECs: Varsity Tennis (9-10, 1st seed, Varsity Letter), Model UN (9-12, Staff (12)), Robotics Team (10-12, Head Graphic Designer), Scholar's Bowl (11-12, JV Captain), NHS (11-12, Secretary and VP)
-Volunteering: Art Museum Volunteer (11-12, 150 + hrs)
- Employment: Commissioned for art work three times (11-12)
- Honors/Awards: Academic Letter/Bar/Honor Roll (10-11), National Merit Semi-Finalist, Red Ribbon Leadership Award
- Recs: 1. My English/ToK teacher for two years. 2. My AP psych teacher/ tennis coach for 4 years and I know him really well & vice versa.
- Essay: How moving to many places has affected my life
I know it's long and not the easiest to read (Sorry!) I also know that my standardized tests are pretty low and that I'm not a genius who has like 20 nationally/internationally recognized awards. The ECs I have listed are my most important and feedback would be most welcome. Thank you so much again!
Last edited by Fallenlaeves; 10-19-2012 at 12:06 AM.