Well, I would be really greatful to all of you if you people could chance me since you know much more about the admissions process in the States than I do. So any help will be appreciated.
No matter how harsh your opinions, put them in front of me.
(Missed the EA deadline so probably will apply in RD)
NOTE : Currently taking a gap year as family's financial conditions are bad and am working, as well as learning C++
(Still play sports)
Require chances for the following schools:
SAT I (breakdown): 2000 (NO PREP 760 M, 630 W - Got a 6 on the essay :(
, 610 CR) - Taking again
SAT II : Gave Math II and Chem in November (Math went fine while I screwed up in Chemistry because the teacher didn't tell us 5 minutes were left so couldnt bubble in all the answers.)
School grades and performances : (CBSE Diploma/Curriculum)
10th Grade - 9.6/10 CGPA
12th Grade - 83 Percent.
Rank : School doesnt rank, though my teachers believe its top 20%
(High School Only)
Sports And Athletics
- Won 3 Gold Medals at the 9th, 10th and 11th National Cyber Olympiads organised by Science Olympiad Foundation (All India Rank 14, 17 and 12 respectively)
- Got percentile score of 98 in International Informatics Olympiad 2009 organised by Computer Literacy Foundation.
- 18th International Rank in International Informatics Olympiad 2010.
- 25th All India Rank in National Science Olympiad 2010.
- 95+ Percentile in International Maths Olympiad organised by Science Olympiad Foundation.
- Gold Medals in two Math Olympiads organised by Eduheal Foundation.
- 17th All India Rank in International Cyber Olympiad organised by Eduheal Foundation.
- Came 3rd in the Zonal Level of Maths World Oral Calculation Competition.
- 3rd in the Zonal Level of Mother Dairy Spell Vocab Challenger 2009. (Ranked #1 in School).
Misc. Extracurriculars/Other Info.
- Varsity Soccer Team (Captain, played Nationals three years in a row, finished 2nd in State twice)
Play for my State Soccer Team (Winger or Leftback)
Was invited to U-19 soccer camps by some clubs but could not go due to financials.
- Varsity Cricket Team (Vice Captain, played Nationals twice, 3rd and 2nd in State in the two competitions)
- Rowing/Crew (Represented my State at the 30th, 31st and 32nd National Rowing Championships) - Summer/Holiday Sport
- Table Tennis (Distinguished player, picked up as a stress relieving hobby).
- Athletics Varsity - No major accomplishment, just an intraschool medal.
- Chosen as 1 of 5 students from the school and rewarded for academic excellence in 10th grade - Also recieved a scholarship from the school.
- Member of the School's Economic Club, participated in various competitions/debates including one held by FICCI and won a few awards.
- Volunteered/Campaigned for the City's College Elections for the victorious party (cannot divulge names).
- Part of a School Initiative/Campaign (~20 children) to urge people to exercise their voting rights, managed to persuade 2000+ people to pledge that they would vote in the near future. (Got the pledges signed by the people, also took their details. Elections were only 2 days away)
- 1.5 years Internship at a National Magazine. - Paid
- Part time DJ (Weekends only) at a nightclub in the City (~1 year) - Paid
: Gave it to my Chem, Economics, and Math teachers. Chem and Economics should be best, they did say they'd write it as well as they possibly can. Both of them know me pretty well. Wont be terrific or awesome, just good enough!
Special Circumstances(?) - Kinda hard to explain, but after the economic problems in the country, Dad barely kept his job but couldnt bring much money home, so started working by the beginning of 11th Grade to earn some money to support my family. :)
Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
Intended Major: Depends on the college really. My interest is towards Economics and Business, but to be specific.
HYPD - Economics
MIT Sloan - Business Undergrad
Cornell - Economics/Engg.
Country (if International Applicant): India
School Type: Ranked #5 in the City. (Top 10)
Ethnicity: Indian (Asian)
Income Bracket: ~6000
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): None I guess?
P.S. Sorry if it's too long, Will chance back! Thanks a lot :)