Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Please chance me for Georgetown, Dartmouth, and more. :)

ipodlover88909ipodlover88909 Posts: 167Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Chance me for these schools pretty please?

UVA (I'm instate)
W&M (William and Mary)
Virginia Tech
Oberlin College
Amherst
Georgetown
University of Chicago
& Ivies, probably Dartmouth (I can dream XD)

My stats are:
SAT: 2250 [740 CR, 710 Math and 800 Writing]
APs: World History(5), Psych(5), US History(5) and Eng Lit(4)
Subject Tests: World History(720), Math1(690) - I'm retaking this, US History(760)
Current Courses: AP Stat, AP French, AP Environmental Science, AP Gov, AP Eng Lit
GPA: 4.17 Weighted 3.95 Unweighted

Recs: Teachers like me pretty well
ECs(kinda weak): Model UN 2 years, volunteered at my school's health department 3 years, school newspaper 3 years (editor this year and had my own column in every issue for 2 years), president of msa, Young Democrats, French Honors Society and a couple others (im blanking)
Awards: Distinguished Honor Roll every semester All 4 years of high school, AP Scholar w/distinction, Dartmouth Book Award, and Outstanding Achiever in the National Merit Scholarship Test (PSAT)

Other:
Majors: 1st choice is Psychology, 2nd is History/Gov
State: VA, public school
Income: low (30-40,000)
"Hooks:" I'm an URM; my parents and I immigrated from Africa when I was younger (I consider myself African-American) & I'm a first generation college student (my mom has a hs diploma, my dad started & didnt finish hs)

I was wondering if I was aiming too high or too low & where else I should consider applying to. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by ipodlover88909 on

Replies to: Please chance me for Georgetown, Dartmouth, and more. :)