Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance Me for Ivies, NESCAC, Nova, Bucknell, Georgetown

slackmachineslackmachine Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hi! I'm a junior and I'm psyched about colleges. I was really hoping you all could chance me for these schools, which are admittedly mostly reach schools (that's why I'm hoping for a change)!
-Ivies (dream big) especially Dartmouth, Princeton, and Brown
-NESCAC schools (Tufts, Amherst, etc.)
-Bucknell
-Villanova
-Georgetown
-William and Mary
-Wake Forest
-Boston College

Here are my qualities:

4.51 weighted 3.71 UW
White
Rigorous schedule
High mathemetics placement (will probably take Calc BC, Differential Equations, and Statistics senior year)
Haven't taken the SATs yet, predicting around a 2200
Somewhat large very competitive one of the top ranked public schools

DON'T stop reading here because my grades aren't perfect, I'm counting on ECs mostly

National Honors Society
Art Honors Society
FOUNDER and president of the photography club at my school
Future business leaders of America (made it to and competed in states every year)
MANY random clubs and activities
JV Lacrosse 9,10
Varsity lacrosse 11,12
Varsity Cross Country 10,12
JV Cross Country 9,11
Won important award freshman year for being an active member of the community and a good student

- Started my own personal small photography business
- (Not to be cocky) but a very strong photography portfolio
- Well cultured, traveled to Africa with national geographic on a student expedition for photography, Costa Rica with a religious group on a pilgramage
- (unique) State YoYo Champion, frequent competitor, formerly sponsored, competitor at the World YoYo Contest
- (IMPORTANT) Starting an organization with so that I'm sponsored by yoyo companies who send yoyos to inner city kids near where I live and teach them how to yoyo

For schools with interviews I think I'll do really well

Very religiously active
Religious education assistant teacher

My teacher reccomendations should be pretty good, my essays should be very good (counting on them)

Now I know that it's probably a far shot for most of these schools, but I want to know what you guys think about my chances. Thanks!!!!
Post edited by slackmachine on

Replies to: Chance Me for Ivies, NESCAC, Nova, Bucknell, Georgetown