Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me for VA schools - gulp!

katy1995katy1995 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Let me start right out by saying that I am not doing well on my SAT/ACT tests! I don't know... I guess I'm having some serious text anxiety in those rooms! I mean, I would LOVE to have some of the scores some of you are getting and complaining about! I'm from Northern Virginia and go to a competitive high school. My GPA is 3.8, and I am in the top third of my class.

Courses:
4 years of German - B's except a C+ my last year
4 years of Math - all A's
4 years of science - All A's, except a B in Chem
3 AP classes: Human Geography, Lang/Composition, Psychology
4 years of history - All A's
English - all A's
plus various electives... heck I just looked over my transcript and I've gotten all A's except for 4 B's and that one C+ in German 4.

The bad news: My ACT is only a 23.

My EC's: Club gymnast, training for Level 8, up until 2012 Trained 16+ hours per week. Varsity gymnastics team member - qualified to District, Regional meets, received MVP award 2012. Captain this year. Yearbook; National Honor Society; Key Club; Sigma Tau Sigma (freshman menoring); In addition to the required tutoring and community service (over 100+ hours) of both NHS and Key Club, I also volunteer at my local elementary school two times each week before school to tutor below grade-level 5th graders. Work part time as a gymnastics coach at a local gym.

I would love to attend either James Madison University or Virginia Tech (legacy). I have also applied to VCU and Radford as my "safety" schools. Do I have any chance at all at my first two choices? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by katy1995 on

Replies to: Chance me for VA schools - gulp!