Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me

superman7superman7 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
chances for selection?
I am am Indian student currently pursuing science in 12th grade in the most prestigious school of India.My dream is to study computer science in CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY.But i dont know whether i stand a chance to get admission in this university.In terms of transcripts, I am in the top decile of my batch consistently from past four years.i have good record of extra curricular activities;

SOCIAL SERVICES
-worked with the Rotary club (3 years)
-led a campaign on cleanliness
-taught poor children in an NGO ( 38 hours)
-member of hanuman seva samiti (it arranges food for poor people)

SCHOOL FUNCTIONS
-independence day (choir)
-house function (theatre and house song)
-navras (choir)
-founder’s day (mountaineering)
-physics symposium
-chemistry symposium

SPORTS
-participated in four state level basketball championships
-participated in six zonal basketball tournaments
-participated in two American Embassy invitational basketball tournament
-participated in national basketball tournament organized by IMG reliance
-participated in national basketball tournament organized by MAHINDRA
-participated in numerous inter and intra school basketball and cricket tournaments
-selected to attend the camp for national basketball tournament (twice)

CLUBS
-VICE PRESIDENT physics club
-member interact club
-member chemistry club
-member economics society

WORK EXPERIENCE
-internship in MICROSOFT (for promotion of windows 8)
-internship in DELL
-member of web development team in GLOBAL SURGIMED INDUSTRIES

PROJECTS
-made an investigatory project on the topic COLLOIDAL PROPERTIES OF EGG ALBUMIN (mentor: Prof.SINGH,department of chemistry ,KHALSA COLLEGE, DELHI UNIVERSITY)
-making a working model of a VAN DE GRAAFF GENERATOR

OTHER ACTIVITIES
-participated in CROSS COUNTRY MARATHON organized by GOOD LIFE CAMPAIGN held at school
-participated in state level VEDIC MATHEMATICS CHAMPIONSHIP
-BLOGGING (made blogs on : how to learn vocabulary for SAT and on MISCELLANEOUS MATHEMATICS)

Here the problem is that i scored low in my SAT.my SAT score is 1800 (maths-800;critical-410;writing-590)
But also as i mentioned above but would like to highlight that i had a paid internship at MICROSOFT and DELL (which 99% of indian students wont have).
please rate me for CARNEGIE and also if possible,give me suggestions for the universities i should apply for (keeping in mind that out of state tution is low or the university grants financial aid or scholarships to international universities,,,,but if the university is worth paying,i dont have any problem)
Post edited by superman7 on

Replies to: Chance me