Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances for Lehigh??

A7XSSJA7XSSJ Posts: 9Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
I just applied to Lehigh ED1 and I'm really nervous. Can someone please give me an honest answer as to if I'll be accepted.

GPA: my gpa is low for lehigh. The reason for this being that i had some serious extenuating circumstances and was unable to work to my fullest extent my first two years of highschool to say the least. My entire family was a mess with divorce and my brother was suicidal, i'll end it at I couldn't exactly focus on schoolwork. My gpa was a 3.1-3.2 my first two years because of this. But, I've shown a huge upward trend, my Junior year gpa was almost a 4.0 because my brother had become stable and things were looking up in my family life. I have explained all of these circumstances in my interview at Lehigh and various essays. Overall GPA - 3.3

ACT: 29

Extra Curriculars:

-President of a capella club
-compose for 6 different instruments
-play in a band, benefit concerts for disabled
-working with autistic children for 2 years
-Varsity baseball and soccer
-Accepted to UMD honors physics course over the summer and was in the top 5 of my class of 80 and received a 4.0 for the class.
-Physics/chem/math tutor

AP's: Junior year - ap chem
Senior year - ap physics B, ap calculus AB, ap statistics, ap marco economics

SAT 2's: 690 Chem, 630 Math 1

I have interviewed at lehigh, met with a physics student, been in contact with several physics professors and the people at admissions. In all honesty I've done a lot of sucking up.

I absolutely love lehigh, it is my top choice and I have shown a lot of love. Do you think I will get in after applying Early Decision 1??
Post edited by A7XSSJ on

Replies to: Chances for Lehigh??