College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I am Asian (bummer), I live in Southern California (another bummer), and I attend a large public school (2000+ students). My mom doesn't work and my dad is a businessman who makes $250,000+ a year.
- 4.7 weighted GPA (rank 12 out of 662)
- 3.9 unweighted GPA
- 2240 taken only once (720 critical reading, 750 math, 770 writing)
- 220 (National Merit Semifinalist and pending)
- 790 on Math II
- 760 on US History
- 3 on World History
- 4 on US History
- 4 on Environmental Science
- 4 on Psychology
- 5 on Language and Composition
(taking 5 more my senior year: Calc AB, Gov and Econ, Lit, Statistics, and Physics)
- 2 years on Varsity Golf
- 1 year on JV Track and Field (100 meter dash) won 6 of 8 regular season meets and qualified for CIF Prelims
Extracurriculars and awards:
- 1st place for Public Speaking I at FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Inland Conference
- 1st place at Science and Engineering Fair for RIMS County
- Founded the Centennial Investment Club at my high school
- Student of the Semester (nominated by teachers and administrators for outstanding performance outside and inside the classroom)
- Yale Science & Engineering Association, Inc. 2012 recipient for Most Outstanding Eleventh Grade Exhibit
- Kukkiwon Certified 1st degree black belt
- Organized soup drives to homeless areas (Skid Row) in Los Angeles. Paid for by fundraiser and donations.
- Organized missionary trips to Mexico. Brought food, water, and clothes to a drug shelter in Tijuana. Brought food, water, toys, and clothes to an orphanage in Mexicali.
- Interned (unpaid) at State Assemblyman's office over summer (over 100 hours)
- Shadowed the CEO of an Inc 500 company (500 fastest growing private companies) on his business trip to China and Korea.
Based on the information I have provided, please chance me for the following universities:
- University of Pennsylvania: Wharton (Early Decision)
- University of Chicago (Early Action)
- University of Notre Dame: Mendoza (Early Action)
- UC Berkeley
- Northwestern University
- Cornell: Dyson
- USC: Marshall
If it matters, I will be applying to the undergraduate business schools. If the school doesn't have one, I will be applying for the economics major.
If you have any questions or would like a chance back, just let me know.