Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance of me getting into URI?

Jaymo419Jaymo419 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hi I really want to go to URI it is by far my top school. I have a 3.1 GPA and about a 1500 on my SATs I was captain of my basketball and soccer team and I do 1 or 2 other clubs. No other family members went there, I do not live in Rhode Island, but I am not applying for any financial aid. Do you think I will get in? Any replys will be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by Jaymo419 on

Replies to: Chance of me getting into URI?

• Jaymo419Jaymo419 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Any replies will help. Anyone know my chances for university of Rhode Island? Pleaseee,
  • momo1616momo1616 Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    So, I looked at my Naviance and it says that the avg. GPA & avg. SAT of those who got accepted is 3.4 and 1600-1640 (depending on whether or not you're using your superscore) respectively. Obviously, this stats only applies to my school, which is OOS.

Just looking at this, I think you have some chance. But I'd say bring up your stats up to make sure that you'll get in.

Hope this helped.
  • colorguard1011colorguard1011 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    According to my Naviance at my school the average GPA is a 3.19 with an SAT score of 1565. (I'm also OOS) Looking at the graph they have accepted people with 2.1s. I think you have a good chance.
  • CatriaCatria Posts: 9,621Registered User Senior Member
    Paying full freight bodes well on you; low match in that case (although URI isn't as sensitive to payment capability as UCB, UCLA or UCSD)