Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

chance me please

masterofpupetsmasterofpupets Posts: 321Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
(I accidently posted this on the college search forum)
Hi, I'm a senior and I'll be applying to Carnegie Mellon (MCS), Northwestern, University of Rochester, NYU, Northeastern, and a couple others.

GPA: ~3.67-3.8 or 6/7 (I go to an IB school so conversions are rough)
SAT I: 2110 (680 CR, 740 M, 690 W)
SAT II: 800 Math II, 700 Chem

ECs: Math Club/Team (VP), Chess Club/Team (VP of club/ Captain of team), MOUSE Squad (VP), MOUSE Corps, Newspaper Club, Debate Team, NYC math circle, chem/math tutor, guitarist in my church band, wrote an article in a national magazine, part of a carnegie hall program where i helped compose a song and invited to perform it (but couldn't because i was sick at the time)

Jobs/Occupation: paid Intern at citibank, intern at northrop grumman, presented at emoti-con (NYC tech fair), invited to present at Maker-faire (NYC tech/sci fair), made a smartphone app to help the blind and visually impaired

Awards: letter of commendation for the national merit PSAT thing, highest AMC 10/12 scorer (2011, 2012), and other not so important stuff

Rec letters: one is from my math teacher, who told me he would write me a "stellar and amazing letter", and another from my history teacher who should write me a decent letter

Other notes:
-I'm going to retake the SAT I in december and aim for 2200...
-my school is ranked the best in ny and 21st in the us by usa news so idk if that'll help.
-my GPA dropped during junior year because i started to slack off.
-i'm applying ED to CMU (MCS), so really the question should be whether or not i'll get in CMU (ED) but just in case i get rejected/deferred i want to know about my chances to my other schools

Anyways, please be as honest as possible about my chances.
Post edited by masterofpupets on

Replies to: chance me please