Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance Me: AU/Sciences Po MA in International Development

Alex313Alex313 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hello,

I am looking at AU and Sciences Po for their Masters in International Development. If I were to attend AU I would want to do the combined Peace Corps International Masters Program. I also want to do a regional concentration on Latin America.

Am just wondering am I shooting to high? If so could you recommend some schools more in my range...

Undergrad Double Major: Communications and Modern Languages from a small liberal arts school in Florida, Eckerd College.
-Modern languages meant I learned French as my primary language and Italian as my secondary. I also informally learned Spanish in Latin America and speak it at an advanced level.
- Graduated with Honors and a 3.66 GPA
-GRE: V163 QUANT152 Writing:4.5

I started my undergrad at The American University of Paris, later did a semester abroad at a French university.

Since college I lived and taught TEFL in Argentina, and started my own social enterprise travel agency that worked with NGOs in Latin America to send volunteers from the US to them. I have 2 years experience doing that.

I've independently taken Microeconomics and Statistics and took Macro as an undergrad.

I'm just worried because I don't have any direct experience in the development world. What are your thoughts on my chances?
Post edited by Alex313 on

Replies to: Chance Me: AU/Sciences Po MA in International Development