I'm asking for honest opinions because this is my only chance to go to college, I am aware that these top schools receive thousands of applications from outstanding students around the world, I understand that they are HUGE reaches and that my posibilities are very small but maybe someone knows in which school or schools I have a better chance, considering my background and stats.
Gender : Male
SAT Reasoning Test: 2230
I'm taking the ACT in December
Bio M: 770
Bio E: 760
Very, very basic science and english courses in HS so i prepared for all these tests on my own with Princeton review books provided by Fulbright.
This is the rest of my info:
- Rank 1/40
- Founder of the science club
- President of the school
- National Youth Science Camp peruvian delegate 2009
- Captain of the soccer team(i believe i can play for the college team)
- Inter-militaryschool boxing champion (sophomore, junior and senior year)
- Regional Youth Councelor Avanzada Catolica (Catholic group).
- Medical assistant for 30 months.
- First generation high school graduate and college student(hopefully).
- A lot of community service including 5 trips to poorest areas of my country bringing food, clothes and medical care (each trip 2-5 weeks long)
-Half orphan(Single mother raised me)
AP's and Honor Classes not available.
- Awarded with Fulbright's opportunity scholarship(it'll pay most of my expenses)
- Construction worker for 2 years(after hs)
- Peer tutor since I was 12(this was actually a job because i got paid to do it, i think some people in the US do it for free, not the case)
- Basic science and math private tutor for 2 years(after hs)
- Family annual income: < $6000
-Essays will be good(will mention my background and will be edited by couple of friends attending top universities)
I am planning to major in Biochemistry, what are my chances?? please be honest. Thanks in advance for your time.