College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I'm asking for honest opinions because this is my only chance to go to college, I am aware that these top schools receive thousands of applications from outstanding students around the world, I understand that they are HUGE reaches and that my posibilities are very small but maybe someone knows in which school or schools I have a better chance, considering my background and stats.
Gender : Male
SAT Reasoning Test: 2230
I'm taking the ACT in December
Bio M: 770
Bio E: 760
Very, very basic science and english courses in HS so i prepared for all these tests on my own with Princeton review books provided by Fulbright.
This is the rest of my info:
- Rank 1/40
- Founder of the science club
- President of the school
- National Youth Science Camp peruvian delegate 2009
- Captain of the soccer team(i believe i can play for the college team)
- Inter-militaryschool boxing champion (sophomore, junior and senior year)
- Regional Youth Councelor Avanzada Catolica (Catholic group).
- Medical assistant for 30 months.
- First generation high school graduate and college student(hopefully).
- A lot of community service including 5 trips to poorest areas of my country bringing food, clothes and medical care (each trip 2-5 weeks long)
-Half orphan(Single mother raised me)
AP's and Honor Classes not available.
- Awarded with Fulbright's opportunity scholarship(it'll pay most of my expenses)
- Construction worker for 2 years(after hs)
- Peer tutor since I was 12(this was actually a job because i got paid to do it, i think some people in the US do it for free, not the case)
- Basic science and math private tutor for 2 years(after hs)
- Family annual income: < $6000
-Essays will be good(will mention my background and will be edited by couple of friends attending top universities)
I am planning to major in Biochemistry, what are my chances?? please be honest. Thanks in advance for your time.