College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Hello! I am a high school senior who's considering applying to the following schools:
- 3.79 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Top decile (our school doesn't do rankings beyond decile)
- National Merit Scholar (not semi-finalist)
Here's a sample of the most rigorous courses I've taken/am taking:
Honors French, 2 through 4
AP US History (5 on AP exam)
AP Language and Comp. (5 on AP exam)
AP European History
AP Literature and Comp.
AP Calculus AB
SAT Subject Tests:
760 US History
640 Math I (only sending to non-score choice institutions)
Aforementioned 5s on AP Lang. and US History tests.
Dishwasher at the same restaurant since I was of working age.
- Have played the vioin for 9 years, member of Honors Orchestra in my district.
- Have attended a local 2 week long filmmaking workshop every summer for 7 years.
- Theater: Playing a supporting speaking role in my school's production of the Crucible this year.
- Longtime member of Ski Club (since elementary school)
- Volunteer for Ron Paul 2012 presidential campaign, participated in phone banking (no political squabbling please).