College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Hello! I am a high school senior who's considering applying to the following schools:
- 3.79 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Top decile (our school doesn't do rankings beyond decile)
- National Merit Scholar (not semi-finalist)
Here's a sample of the most rigorous courses I've taken/am taking:
Honors French, 2 through 4
AP US History (5 on AP exam)
AP Language and Comp. (5 on AP exam)
AP European History
AP Literature and Comp.
AP Calculus AB
SAT Subject Tests:
760 US History
640 Math I (only sending to non-score choice institutions)
Aforementioned 5s on AP Lang. and US History tests.
Dishwasher at the same restaurant since I was of working age.
- Have played the vioin for 9 years, member of Honors Orchestra in my district.
- Have attended a local 2 week long filmmaking workshop every summer for 7 years.
- Theater: Playing a supporting speaking role in my school's production of the Crucible this year.
- Longtime member of Ski Club (since elementary school)
- Volunteer for Ron Paul 2012 presidential campaign, participated in phone banking (no political squabbling please).