Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UW- Seattle Chances

aohkayeaohkaye Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hello! I'm a senior and I would really appreciate being chanced for UW Seattle. I go to an extremely small christian school in California that only offers a few AP classes (5 to be exact). Also, I got extremely sick my junior year and was forced to drop all the AP and math classes I took by second semester because I was missing so much school. I finished with a 4.0 both semesters, but I'm worried because I didn't take any honors, AP, or math classes that year =/ Do you think this will decrease my chances?

GPA weighted: 4.12
GPA unweighted: 3.8
SAT: 1730 (retaking this December)

AP Classes: Literature (1 semester because of sickness), Language (currently taking), Statistics (currently taking)
Honors classes: English I, English II, Algebra II, Geometry

ECs:
Video Productions: 1 year
Club Asia- Co-founder, vice president, president. 3 years
Founder of International Student Tutoring Committee
Sister 2 Sister- Peer mentoring. Upperclassmen are paired up with junior high girls. 1 year
CSF- 3 years
Ukelele club: 1 year
Book Buddies- Read books to kindergarteners from a different school once a week- 2 years
Volleyball- 1 year
Percussion: 2 years
Choir: 2 years
Woman's Vocal Ensemble (highly selective): 1 year
Art- Entered many contests and won awards for my pieces- 4 years
Knitting club- President and founder. Taught members how to knit hats for cancer patients at the local children's hospital- 2 years
Job at Gamestop

Volunteer Work:
200+ hours from tutoring, church, service projects, and hospital.

Race: Half filipino, half white
Post edited by aohkaye on

Replies to: UW- Seattle Chances

• CatriaCatria Posts: 10,661Registered User Senior Member
    Can you pay full freight at UWA? UWA is sensitive to payment capability as far as out-of-staters are concerned. But, if you mention your sickness clearly, you might have a chance.

UWA: Match (high match if you cannot pay full freight)