Can I make it into Texas A&M University in College Station
1. I didn't do so well on my ACT. I made a composite score of 20. No preparing for it plus I had a late night.
2. I have 351 hours of community service.
3. I have worked all through high school. I currently hold 3 jobs.
4. I am just right out of the top 10% of my class. It's top 7 and I'm ranked 8th out of 71.
5. I have many leadership and extracurricular activities. President of Crimestoppers, Treasure of Class of 2013, Chapter/District/Area officer within the FFA. Vice President of Beta Club. Participated on the Prose and Science team.
5. I have received some accomplishments such as school winner for the Wendy's Heisman, FFA Foundation Ambassador. Went to state for Agricultural Communications. I will be competing in speech for BETA at state.
6. My GPA is a 4.03 and that is weighted.
7. I'm in dual credit courses. U.S. History for 1 semester Average 79. Sociology for half, Speech for half, English this year for whole semester. The rest of those classes averaged out to about 82. I don't know anything for English yet.
8. I have been enrolled in Pre-AP courses for Math and English throughout high school and I'm taking an actual AP course in biology this year. My school only has this teacher who is certified to teach AP courses.
9. I've always been on the A/B honor roll except for that one C in Dual Credit U.S History.
How do I look? Do I not stand a chance to the other admissions? I'm nervous. I know my ACT score is low. Should I retake it? I'll miss the December 1st deadline though for scholarships and I REALLY need those scholarships..