Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can I get into a good school?

smashbox96smashbox96 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
So I would consider myself a pretty smart kid but my gpa does not reflect that. I have a 3.7 and am a junior right now. Im studying for the sat and think if I try hard enough I can pull off a 2250 to 2300. I want to get into a top notch school but have sub-par extracurriculars. Im officer of 2 clubs but thats about it. My list of school choices in order is:

UPenn
Duke
WashU
Northwestern
UMich
BU/BC
GW

How can I get into those schools with my gpa/sat scores and what can I do to improve my extra curriculars. I volunteer occasionally and live in long island new york but want to know what I can do over the summer before senior year to really set myself apart. I am going to work in a hospital or program like that on weekends but really need to do something special to get into my dream school of UPenn.
Post edited by smashbox96 on

Replies to: Can I get into a good school?

• smashbox96smashbox96 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Also Im Indian, am taking/have taken

AP European History
    AP Spanish
    AP Language
    AP Literature
    Ap Psychology
    Ap Chemistry
    AP Physics c
    AP US History
    AP Human Geography
    AP Calculus BC

I have been in national honor society and taken 5 years of spanish and then spanish AP. I have been in band all 4 years and completed level 6 of nyssma. I also ranked 8th in the country for national scrabble but in 8th grade so how do I incorporate that into my resume? I am officer of my trivia team and Model United Nations Club. I am an editor in my newspaper club for a few years and thats about it. I always feel like I can do more but never know what. ANy summer programs that I could do to get into Penn?
  • smashbox96smashbox96 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    anyone care to respond?
  • ArtsyGirl13ArtsyGirl13 Posts: 2,969Registered User Senior Member
    You are an ORM, with a slightly low GPA (so I am assuming not great class rank) and lack of ECs (you also lack community service/any major leadership), so probably no for UPenn and Duke. Yes, for GW and BU (though if I where you I would try and improve your ECs), don't know enough about the other.