Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances of getting into Dartmouth?

katclaykatclay Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
I am currently a junior and I haven't taken the SAT's yet but I think I'll score over 2100, I'm ranked third in my class (which is subject to change) out of 225 with a weighted average of around 101-102, I take the highest level of all classes available including three AP's and science research, I am editor-in-chief of the newspaper, captain of mock trial, first chair clarinet in band, in all of the National Honor Societies and I play three varsity sports (XC, Winter Track, Spring Track). If I do well on my SAT's and ACT's and write a good essay, what are my chances of getting into Dartmouth College?

Thanks!!
Post edited by katclay on

Replies to: Chances of getting into Dartmouth?

• futureCSmajorfutureCSmajor Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    With Ivy leagues, you really need something to set yourself apart, as all of the country's valedictorians and near-perfect SAT scorers apply to them. Even if you score a 2200 on your SAT and end up as valedictorian, your chances of getting in are not very high with what you have listed. My advice: become black and cure cancer, then you most certainly will get in.
  • CatriaCatria Posts: 10,682Registered User Senior Member
    Dartmouth is a reach for anyone; what is your safety?
  • katclaykatclay Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I know that I need something to set me apart - I didn't mention this above but I've also been taking aerial silks classes and doing circus training since I was seven, and I perform a lot on aerial silks (I can also unicycle, juggle, walk a tight wire, etc.). Most of my volunteer hours come from circus-related stuff. Does that count as unique?
  • katclaykatclay Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    My top safety is probably Colgate University - I know it's a great school too but both of my parents went there and my dad is on the alumni council and is president of a fraternity there, and I've already met a lot of the top people there and have been visiting several times a year for my entire life. Other than Colgate, I don't really have that many other safeties though - I'm pretty new to the college process