Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Low school scores

student1122student1122 Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hi. I just want to know what are my chances to get in UCLA,USC, UMICH,UIUC,PURDUE etc.

I am taking the SAT in Dec cause my previous scores were terrible. I have given the suject tests and hope to get a good score.
The only thing is my school performance in 11th grade have been extremely terrible due to some reasons. My application won't be complete without those scores.
9th grade CGPA- 8.4
10th grade CGPA- 8.6
My high school teachers agree that I have improved in a year and I am currently doing better than my 11th grade. They also wish to mention this in the letters of recommendation. How can I manipulate my application such that I can explain them the reason for these scores. And will a good essay ,Sat ,subject scores help to ignore that ?
ECs
Executive Member of the school's computer clan. Represented the school in numerous inter-school competitions and won.
Quizzes.
Basketball team- came 2nd in 2010

Please tell me if I have a chance or not. I have been pretty upset regarding this question.
Post edited by student1122 on

Replies to: Low school scores

• CatriaCatria Posts: 10,733Registered User Senior Member
    ECs are a little weak for USC... but what constitutes a terrible SAT score?
  • student1122student1122 Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    I HAVE MORE ECS. I wrote them in a hurry.
    I ranked 20 in school in international math Olympiad out of 60 people.
    Won arround 10 trophies forbthe school team in inter school symposiums.
    Hosted general quizzes, science quizzes and computer science events in my own school in which around 30 school participated.
    And I scored 1820 in my Sat. Taking it again in December