Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances for UF, USF, UCF, and FSU for fall 2014

dancer5415dancer5415 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2013 in What Are My Chances?
I am really nervous about applying this fall. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Order of Preference:
1. UF
2. FSU
3. USF
4. UCF

Stats:
unweighted GPA:3.62
weighted (out of 6.0): 4.75
SAT Score: 1960
verbal: 570 (yuck)
math: 710
writing: 680
ACT: 25 (retaking this fall as well as SAT to try to get a 2000+)

I have taken 6 APs, and for the scores I know, I have passed all of them.
I plan on taking 5 APs next year.

thank you!
Post edited by dancer5415 on

Replies to: Chances for UF, USF, UCF, and FSU for fall 2014

• movieman706movieman706 Posts: 133Registered User Junior Member
    Every school you've listed is a safety. UF will take you with open arms. I suggest you aim higher.
  • JAMCAFEJAMCAFE Posts: 331Registered User Member
    UF is a match not safety. CR 580/670 for mid 50 %
  • dancer5415dancer5415 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    @jamcafe if i were to bump into 600+ cr, would my chances be better?
  • Twiggy22Twiggy22 Posts: 429Registered User Member
    I concur with movieman maybe you should aim higher. But I disagree UF is not a safety, but you should definitely aim a little higher.
    Yes, I'd shoot for 600+ CR to be safer. Math scores for mid 50% is 590/690. So for math you are already within the top 25%
    650 CR even better. Then I'd say it's a safety. :)
  • dancer5415dancer5415 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    @jamcafe okay thank you so much :) and i would shoot higher i just dont have the money to afford oos
  • Asad2594Asad2594 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    I got accepted to UCF a month or so back. I applied and then two weeks later got accepted. Granted my GPA is a 3.87 lol. The campus is amazing, amazing, amazing. Much better than UF, UF has prestige and alumni and career opportunities. Then again UCF is in Orlando, the heart of Florida. So its a pretty tough choice for me, (I've yet to hear back from UF)

My major is Accounting.
  • Gator88NEGator88NE Posts: 1,194Registered User Senior Member
    UF is never anyone's safety, the holistic admissions is a bit too unpredictable. However, you are currently in the middle 50% (for SAT and GPA), so you should consider it a match. It would help if you can get your CR score a bit higher. Also, make sure you work on the essay, as it has "some" weight (with ECs/Leadership) in the holistic admissions process.

Getting your CR higher will also help with OS schools. Take a look at this thread for a listing of schools that offer automatic scholarships. Several look at your CR+Math score.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/1348012-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships-19.html

Finally, raising your CR score will help with merit aid at UCF, USF, etc. It's not uncommon for folks to pass on UF to take a slot at UCF or USF due to the merit aid (and honor college) offers.

Good Luck!