Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What are my chances for UCF acceptence?

angoliverangoliver Posts: 15Registered User New Member
edited August 2013 in What Are My Chances?
I am in the process of applying to the 2014 Fall term and I was wondering what my chances would be since UCF is my top choice.

In-State Student
I believe my class rank is somewhere in the top 4%
GPA: 5.1 W, 3.8 UW
SAT: 1780 CR: 550 M: 600 W: 630 (I am planning on retaking in October)

100 community service hours
NHS member for 2 years (junior, senior)
FBLA member for 4 years and will be part of board for senior year

I have taken all honors and AP classes excluding a few required electives.
I have taken AP European History, Psychology, Environmental Science, and Language and Composition. (I passed all with 4s expect Euro which was a 2)

I plan to take the following classes for senior year:

AP Statistics
AP Government
AP Macroeconomics
AP Literature
AP Human Geography
Human Anatomy and Physiology Honors
Lab Research Honors

What would my chances be for Fall? Would I have a greater chance of being deferred for Summer or acceptance?
Post edited by angoliver on

Replies to: What are my chances for UCF acceptence?

• angoliverangoliver Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    can someone please help?
    Also tell me if my SAT scores are too low for Fall.
  • SaraCoSaraCo Posts: 567Registered User Member
    I'd say you are a match to a high match.

Improving you SAT score would only help you.
    The rest looks good!
  • Chlogan3921Chlogan3921 Posts: 407Registered User Member
    Match :))))))
  • TylertbuckTylertbuck Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    I would also say you are a match to a high match for UCF!
  • Gator88NEGator88NE Posts: 1,838Registered User Senior Member
    You are a Match :)

You should recalculate your weighted GPA, as 5.1 is too high.

Your GPA is recalculated based on the academic core courses (including English, math, science, social studies and foreign language). UCF uses a 4.0 grading scale, and also awards additional quality points for any weighted courses within the academic core. Courses marked as Pre-AP, Pre-IB, Pre-AICE, and Honors are given an additional .5 quality point.

Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced International Certification of Education (AICE), and Dual Enrollment (DE) courses are given 1 additional quality point.

Below is the Fall Freshman Class Profile. Your GPA will be better than average, but you SAT is a little less than average. Your GPA should get you in, but you may want to re-take your SAT.

Average SAT Score:

1244 (critical reading and math)

1831 (critical reading, math and writing)

Average High School GPA: 3.9
  • CatriaCatria Posts: 10,681Registered User Senior Member
    Thank you for your feedback everyone.

Can anyone else chance me?
  • Smithg1227Smithg1227 Posts: 284Registered User Junior Member
    You can definitely get in! I'd say you're a low match/safety. My sister attends UCF. She got in with only 2 or 3 ECs, 3.7 W GPA, and 32 ACT. Many more people get in with much lower stats! You might want to figure out your GPA situation as most schools work only a 5.0 maximum scale.
    What year did your sister get accepted?

I also recalculated my GPA, it would be a 4.17
  • waroliverwaroliver Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I am 99.99% sure you can get into UCF. Your classes are rigorous, good GPA, and decent extracurricular activities.

Safety :)
  • Smithg1227Smithg1227 Posts: 284Registered User Junior Member
    My sister is class of 2015 for UCF. She also applied like days before the deadline and was still accepted. With your rigorous course load, good couple of ECs, even your average SAT is good for UCF. The only thing I would suggest is filling out the housing application ASAP. My sister (like I said before) applied near the deadline and was almost left without housing (luckily they have off campus housing) so do it as soon as you know you are going. As the second most populous campus in the US, housing tends to fill up quickly. You should also think about applying to UF or FSU.
    Thank you, I was wondering when she applied because it has gotten harder to get into. I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem even now though since her ACT score was high. However, my SAT is on the lower end of their average so I hope I can still get in, or at least be able to raise my score in the case of me being deferred.
  • AleeraAleera Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    I think it is safety, all though getting accepted to your first choice helps morale. I think you could get get UF if you wanted. Never took SAT (only ACT), I would ask if a retake is necessary. I got USF (5 hours away from home) and FAU, no UF- Hough for accounting, but never applied to UCF. Nothing personal about the school just too many people I knew were headed there. Most of my class went UCF (3 hours away), FAU, or FIU most local for our area.

I think being from a Florida school helps. At least it used to several years ago. Around 1/3 of my class went to UCF, the major if decided may depend if it's more competitive. My friend who attended b-school at UCF for accounting and later mba there also she had EC, AP, smart girl probably had strong gpa; while my 2 other friends got in with no honors & lower stats for creative writing and theatre respectively. Of course, 7 years ago so not sure but it may be more competitive given the economy is driving more people to college.
    Thank you for your input.
    I might be looking into other schools like UF, but I feel like UCF is the best for me.
    Any more chances?