Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

EA for Umass Amherst? Or RD? chance plzzz

OFocke82OFocke82 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
edited October 2013 in What Are My Chances?
hey guys, this is my first post.

So i'm considering applying EA to umass amherst, but i feel as if im borderline on being accepted. My sat score is a 1620, and i recently took the SATs again october 5th, I assume i scored around 1700-1750.

btw i'm in state at a top public school (Andover)

-my UW gpa is around a 3.3/3.4, and my weighted gpa is a 3.7.
-my act is a 25 but i dont plan on sending that in
-i've had a great upward trend in my gpa (B's and 1 C my freshman year, B's and 2 A's my sophmore year, and almost all A's junior year).
-I feel as if I wrote a fantastic essay, but i suppose its up for the admissions people to decide that
-I did varsity track all 4 years of highschool, and will be a captain this year
-I played varsity football for 2 years as well
-I played freshman basketball too
-2 AP course (US history my junior year, and computer science A this year)
-all honors courses except for spanish my junior year, and all honors courses this year
-volunteering for multiple charity walks / library at my town
-my teacher that is writing my recomendation loved me so i expect a great letter of recomendation.

So what do you guys think. Should i continue to apply early or should i wait until RD so i can boot my gpa a little bit more? I believe i can continue to send updated SAT scores but im not 100% sure. Can you guys give me some feedback?
Post edited by OFocke82 on

Replies to: EA for Umass Amherst? Or RD? chance plzzz