Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

9 Colleges: please let me know what you think!

stressed2k17stressed2k17 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
-Amherst College
-Grinnell College
-Pitzer College
-Reed College
-Rice University
-The University of Texas at Austin's Plan II Program
-Trinity College
-University of Richmond
-Wesleyan University

If you want to be really awesome, it would be great if you could just say safe, most likely, match, reach, or absolutely not.

I am a high school senior who is ranked 4 out of 117 kids. My grades are all high A's, so I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA. My ACT score was a 33 composite. I have taken several AP classes and received a score of 5 on five of them and a 4 on one of them. I have outstanding extracurriculars: I volunteer A LOT, am NHS president, started my own tutoring program, started a club at my school, am part of the Spanish Honor Society, won a poetry award, am a district representative in my city's youth council, and this summer I interned with a district judge and traveled to Japan with my school. Those are the good things. Oh, also I'm Asian.

Cons: I don't play sports or play an instrument, nor have I won any BIG award.
So yep please let me know what you think my chances are!

Replies to: 9 Colleges: please let me know what you think!

• carolinagrlcarolinagrl Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    wow they only school u mentioned that I have heard of is Richmond. I toured it once and its pretty but really small, not your tipical rah rah college. also their mascot is a spider but i mean if youre into that. I'm only a high school junior so i don't really know anything but wow u sound like you can go anywhere u want. i would do harvard if i were u
  • warrenbasswarrenbass Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    Did you get accepted into Plan II?
  • Nell2021sNell2021s Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    You can probably get into almost all of the LACs, not sure about Amherst though.
  • callogan44callogan44 Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    Unfortunately, I think @carolinagrl is being a bit optimistic. You should get into most of the schools you listed, however Amherst, Grinnell, Reed, Rice, and Wesleyan are pretty tough for anyone, even people as qualified as you. I'd say the others are likely/safe. At the 5 I listed you have a decent chance, but there are no guarantees. Grinnell and Reed are probably matches, the others are probably reaches. Good luck though, you definitely look like a great applicant.
  • TheGreyKingTheGreyKing Registered User Posts: 619 Member
    This site is mostly fellow students and parents. We are not admissions experts. Please take any response to chance threads with a grain of salt. You yourself can see the statistical ranges for each school on US News or the colleges' common data sets, which is all most posters will have to go by.
    That said: Maybe add a super safety? A school that accepts over 50% where you are in the top 25th percentile statistically?
    You are a strong applicant. Best of luck!
  • stressed2k17stressed2k17 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    @callogan44 @TheGreyKing
    Hi guys, it's obviously been a while since I posted this. I ended up being accepted into all of them except Pitzer and Plan II, and I will be attending Rice (my # 1) in the fall! Thank you for your input though. I guess this was just the product of a lot of unnecessary worrying on my part and speculation.
  • TheGreyKingTheGreyKing Registered User Posts: 619 Member
    Congratulations and enjoy!
  • callogan44callogan44 Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    You definitely deserve it, good luck.