Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Predict My Results? Will Chance Back!!

Replies to: Predict My Results? Will Chance Back!!

• hehaotimhehaotim Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Update - Accepted to Middlebury
  • HiToWaMomHiToWaMom Registered User Posts: 1,131 Senior Member
    Congratulations!! After a rejection and a couple of waitlists, you must be ecstatic!! Fingers crossed for more acceptances!!
    @HiToWaMom Thank you! It was some different kind of feeling, though. My teacher sort of made me apply to Middlebury and Vassar; I don't really want to go there. So, it has a very complicated, mixed impression on me and I am ever more anxious about the others. Assuming that or if asking for aid at JHU and Caltech cost me an acceptance or two, would it be a good idea to withdraw from my aid status and then express continued interest? @CC Admin
    I don't think it's a good idea. Withdraw from aid status means you can't afford school even if you get in from wait list. It doesn't make sense. Show continued interest but do not change the aid status.

When all the decisions are in, choose from the schools you can afford. Be wise.
  • govictors555govictors555 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    I think youll get into all the LACs. i think youll also get into Dartmouth, Vandy, Caltech, cornell and penn. i think MIT and all of the other Ivys are 50-50 or a rejection. You have amazing stats and you will do great things!! Chance me back?
  • emmajayemmajay Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    With stats like those, you could probably get into any one of those schools. Are you applying early to any of these? Early admissions generally fill up half the spots. Also, a 33 on the ACT as an international student is very impressive. Good Luck!
    Chance me back? https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1973053-would-i-get-accepted-to-these-universities.html#latest
    Thanks @emmajay! Will do!
  • WrathOfGod1999WrathOfGod1999 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    How in the world did you have enough time to qualify for two international science competitions? Regardless, you seem qualified enough for these schools. Again, the international pool is highly competitive. Also, which country are you from because that could make a difference and also I didnt know the UK Atomic Energy Authority gave fellowships to high schoolers.
    @WrathOfGod1999 I participated in only one international science olympiad, fell short of qualifying for two others. Took a gap year after senior year and that's when I got the fellowship at UKAEA and/through DIFFER connections and EuroFusion. Asian :/
    Update - Accepted at Williams!
    Congrats!! Do you like Williams better than Middlebury?
    I love Williams! Most probably going to attend!
  • doorrealthedoorrealthe Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    Congrats on Williams! Your profile looks great. It's just hard to accurately chance an international but I think you have great chances! Good luck
  • vikes40vikes40 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Harvard - waitlist/reject
    Yale - accept
    Princeton - waitlist/reject
    Columbia - accept
    Penn - accept
    Cornell - accept
    Dartmouth College - accept
    Caltech - reject
    MIT - waitlist/reject
    Vanderbilt - accept
    Tufts - accept
    Stanford - reject
    Duke - accept
    Rice - accept
    Williams College - waitlist/reject
    Amherst College - accept
    Middlebury College - accept
    Vassar College - accept
    Johns Hopkins Univesity - reject (financial aid)