Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Predict my Ivy+ Results Based on my Results So Far (Will Chance Back)

CactusUsernameCactusUsername Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
edited March 19 in What Are My Chances?
Playing the bored/waiting game so figured I'd do a final chance me.

Accepted: Minerva Schools at KGI, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins, UC Berkeley w/ Regents, UC Los Angeles, UC Santa Barbara w/ Regents, UC San Diego, George Mason w/ Scholars Full Ride
Waitlisted: Washington University in St. Louis, Colby (both need-aware)
Rejected: None yet
Still waiting: Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Brown, University of Pennsylvania Huntsman, Georgetown School of Foreign Service, Claremont McKenna, Cornell College of Art and Sciences, Brandeis, Vanderbilt, American, Yale/National University of Singapore

Major: Undeclared Social Sciences

White, Male, California, Low-Income (basically the definition of un-hooked)

GPA: 3.8/4 UW 4.28/4 W 4.38/4 UC Capped
SAT: 2330 (800CR 780M 750W) - didn't send to most
ACT: 36
SAT II: Math II 800, Spanish Reading 750, Spanish Listening 740, Literature 730
AP: Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Calculus AB, Statistics, Human Geography, English Language (all 5s)

Awards:
Speech and Debate Nationals - 2nd
International Speech and Debate Tournament - 2nd
Robotics World Championship - 1st
California Boys State Competitions - 1st

Extracurriculars:
Debate - Finalist for the US national team
Entrepreneurship - Worked w/ various startups, started consulting agency working with large companies
Homeless Shelter - 9 years volunteering, on board of directors overseeing 2,000 volunteers
+ many others I wont list

Thanks for the input!

Replies to: Predict my Ivy+ Results Based on my Results So Far (Will Chance Back)

• MaizeScreamMaizeScream Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    Seeing what you've gotten into so far and your amazing EC's (like what howd you start a consulting firm in high school??? What do you do?) you have a great shot at every other school. I'd guess admit for all except Stanford, Harvard, and Yale because those are ALWAYS a crapshoot but you still have an amazing shot.

Chance me back? http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1973575-chance-an-environmental-engineering-hopeful-for-good-schools.html#latest
  • MaizeScreamMaizeScream Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    if you mind me asking did you get 2nd at NSDA nats? Or a national circuit tournament.
  • CactusUsernameCactusUsername Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    @MaizeScream Thanks for the input!

The consulting firm I started up with a friend/business partner who I used to work for because we had a similar vision and complementary skill sets. We help startups with high-tech/complicated products and services create narrative pitches that make their company more accessible to less tech-savvy audiences and investors.

I was referencing NCFL nats, I also went far in NSDA but don't think I put that on apps -- I don't expect people to be familiar with all of the different circuits we have, I even get lost sometimes

Chanced back!
  • Kimo212Kimo212 Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    My predictions:

Deny: Hard to tell but I'd guess one or two Ivy Leagues - probably Yale
    Waitlist: Vanderbilt, McKenna, UPenn Huntsman, Harvard
    Admit: W/ specifically your entrepreneurship experience, I think you have a real good shot at Stanford, Brown & the rest!
  • CactusUsernameCactusUsername Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    @Kimo212 Thanks! Stanford would be kind of a dream come true although I know my chances are pretty slim :)
  • Kimo212Kimo212 Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    @CactusUsername They're slim for everyone but honestly you are qualified enough regardless of the outcome!