Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UCLA & UC Berkeley appeal?

2»

Replies to: UCLA & UC Berkeley appeal?

• jaella12jaella12 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Can we appeal while on waitlist for all UC's or just some?
  • GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 18,377 Senior Member
    @jaella12:

For freshman students:
    Berkeley, Davis, Los Angeles and San Diego will only allow appeals from students who were denied admission. Applicants offered a waitlist space may not appeal.

Irvine and Riverside will allow waitlisted applicants to appeal only if they opt-in to the waitlist. If a student’s appeal is denied, they may remain on the waitlist.

Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz will review all appeals, whether an applicant is on the waitlist or not.

Merced is not using a waitlist.
  • LDRAWLDRAW Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    edited April 21
    im submitting my appeal to berkeley. It would be nice to know who else is actually submitting an appeal!
  • LDRAWLDRAW Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Berkeley is releasing appeal decisions on June 1. 0.0 I appreciate the quick response especially because it comes out before I graduate.
  • magiebastemagiebaste Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    just submitted my appeal
  • magiebastemagiebaste Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    Accepted:)
  • BLKBLKBLKBLK Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone got an appeal decision from UCB??
    Or waiting list decision from UCLA? June 1st today so I assume no more news from UCLA if one is on their waiting list, right?
  • james4343james4343 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    UCLA Denied m ea week ago
    Still not denied... what does it means? they cannot keep us on a waiting list after June 1st, right?
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls Registered User Posts: 2,062 Senior Member
    I think that you have no grounds for appeal and if you file one then you are wasting your time.

In terms of "I got straight A's first semester of senior year": For UCLA and UCB, getting straight A's your first semester of senior year should be no big deal because if you seriously want to go to these schools you should have had straight A's for all four years of high school. Similarly, plenty of kids with 1370 on the SAT get denied, along with plenty of kids with 1400 on the SAT.

You need to focus on schools that you got into.

"Honestly your time would be better spent focusing on choosing a school you have been accepted to and moving forward."

Exactly.
    I have no problem moving forward. I was just curious and wanted to know if UCLA would at least give a response to those of us they put on a waiting list! As for UCB, I appealed and was told I would get a response by June 1st. Nothing came! Maybe, after all, it is best not to even be an undergrad at these two schools!!!!! Customer service sucks!!!!
2»