Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

AM I GOING TO FAIL IN LIFE? WILL I GET IN? HELP PLS

ThatonethereThatonethere Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
This is just a quick summary of my resume/transcript. Be honest, brutally if need be, this is for UT Austin Cockrell Engineering. Please give me a chance in both admissions and if admitted the possibility of Honors.
Junior currently
SAT: 1520- One sitting
Math- 800
Reading- 720
Essay:20/24
ACT: 34
Math: 35
Science:35
Reading; 35
English: 31-Ops
Essay:7/12- really Ops

IN STATE: TEXAS

Now for the anchor in my application rank and GPA D:
GPA: 4,2
Rank; 16/107 ~ top 15%
Quick explanation: GPA and ranking are bad one because I am horrifically lazy, and second it's not core classes that weigh be down but SPANISH- I find it as the most boring class in the world.
Also I got stuck in Pre-cal for 11th grade and can't take Calculus until 12th grade will that effect my chances?

IB Diploma candidate- by graduation will have taken 9 AP tests, and like 5 IB tests
Extracurricular:
School: Robotics- VP, Computer Programming club- VP, Academic Athletes- Secretary, Model UN, HOSA, NHS
Outside: I do a lot of art like a lot, but its so i can keep my sanity- not really competitive just therapeutic

Can you guys also chance me for Carnegie Mellon- Engineering
Also
Thanks

Replies to: AM I GOING TO FAIL IN LIFE? WILL I GET IN? HELP PLS

• EmpireappleEmpireapple Registered User Posts: 342 Member
    Have you realized that all types of people are successful in life? Even those who are not engineers and did not go to top schools. In fact, many are more successful than the "top students?" I once had a job where 8 of us were new. In the first year, the process involved being asked to return the next year. 7 were asked back, the Harvard graduate was not. He couldn't cut the job. It's JMHO but I think if you fail in life or not will depend on how hard you work, good choices, and a little luck.