Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance me for top 20-50 schools

HorsesArePeople2HorsesArePeople2 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited May 18 in What Are My Chances?
Hi, so I'm a student in a foreign country starting my senior year doing a British curriculum.

In my GCSE (9th and 10th) I received 4 A* 5 A and 1 C.

Now after my GCSEs I was forced to move to India without my parents and thrown into school about 3 months after the school year had started knowing none of the language spoken whatsoever (to clarify the teachers spoke English as it was a requirement however most of the students only speak in their language to each other) and henceforth my grades took a turn for the worse, I got straight Bs in my junior year. Now I have a 35 ACT score and I am confident that I can score all As and A* this year but I am worried that my chances for college may have just been shot down in their tracks

Note I am considered a Texas resident and US citizen

My ECAs are quite good eg. Working at cancer hospital , working with my father's company to clean up a polluted river , setting up a large music festival in my school. And much more

I was wondering if I will still have a good chance of getting into these schools and other top 20-50

Washington at St Louis
UT-Austin ( I'm not able to be auto admitted)
University of Virginia

And others ranked highly

Thanks