Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Chance me for top 20-50 schools

HorsesArePeople2HorsesArePeople2 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
Hi I'm a Texas resident and US citizen living in a foreign country. I take the British curriculum

In my 10th year I had received 4 A* 5 A and 1 C (IGCSE)

Now I'm my 10th year I was forced to move here without my parents and attend a school 3 months after the school year had started.

Henceforth my grades took a turn and I ended up with straight Bs for my 11th year

I'm about to start senior year and am confident that I can get my grades up to A and A* however I'm worries my chances at top 20-50 schools are now dead in their tracks

My ECAs are good with a large amount of community service and hosting a large event at my school as well as doing a what I consider a project that is very beneficial to the community. I also have played a musical instrument for 7+ years

Please chance me for top schools

Specifically Washingtom at St Louis (first choice)
UT - Austin
University of Virginia and any others that fall into this bracket

Thanks

Replies to: Chance me for top 20-50 schools

• billcshobillcsho Registered User Posts: 15,557 Senior Member
    Even you are a Texas resident, by not attending a high school in Texas would be a disadvantage for you as you may not participatebin the auto admission.