Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chances of getting a scholarship (International Student)

ivydreamer2017ivydreamer2017 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hello!

I am an international student from Russia. Due to a devastating financial situation, I extremely need significant financial assistance (nearly full-ride scholarships).

My stats:

IB, predicted 40/45. W GPA will be about 4.2; UW - 3.8
New SAT: 1340 (CR640, M700, working hard on the Reading section, math is not problematic) - will retake in October, expect around 1450.
A wide range of extracurriculars, from establishing an online store to volunteering (300 hours) as a teacher at a local library.
Attended several summer programs in the USA and other countries, including YYGS at Yale.
Got a quite dramatic life story, so there is some material for the essays.

(I don't know what else I should include, so please ask if smth)

Can you please recommend some colleges which are generous with scholarships and fin.aid for internationals? Sounds unrealistic, I know, haha.

I am currently considering: Macalester, Vassar (not sure), Fordham, Skidmore, Lafayette, Colby, Soka Uni, Trinity, University of Richmond. Any chance among some of those?

Thanks in advance!

Replies to: Chances of getting a scholarship (International Student)