Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance me please?

TK97TK97 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 12 in What Are My Chances?
Here's my info.

Academics:

Honors courses taken: 10 (3 in 9th, 3 in 10th, 1 in 11th)
AP courses taken (senior year too): 7 *school doesn't offer too many (3 in 11th, 4 in 12th) Chem, Spanish Lang, Human Geo, Psychology, Gov/econ, Calc BC (skipped AB), Bio

GPA *Upward trend*
9th: W: 4.25 UW:3.75
10th: W: 4.33, UW: 3.83
11th: W: 4.59 UW: 3.92

Overall GPA: W: 4.4 UW: 3.83

Rank 4/400+, Top 1%

AP Scores: Chemistry (4) Human Geo (4) Spanish Lang (5)

Activities:
- Avid Club (9th, probably wont mention it in apps)
- Religious Ed at local church (10th, 11th, attended various classes and activites)
- Church Volunteer (11th- present, helped organize events for the youth and community)
- Homeless Rescue Org. Volunteer (11th- present, aid in the non profit's establishments goal to help the homeless out and provide for their needs)
- Free personal tutor (10th- present, I tutor people with math or science, no strings attached because its out of my will, frequent with many hours)
-MEChA (11th- present, Student movement group, we attend protests on issues that are important to our community, attend local and regional events to volunteer (building floats for the national rose parade, or a city holiday event, etc) 11th, vice president, 12th co-president)
-2017 QuestBridge College Prep Scholar (Selective national program aimed to aid high achieving low income students to getting into top universities)
-Humanitarian Club (11th- present participated in drives for items needed for the local, national, or international community)
-College Bound Club (12th, a club designed on helping disadvantaged individuals on their road to a higher education. We target people like English Learners who are often forgotten, Co founder and co president))

Awards:
-Basic honor roll, every semester
-3rd place at a city wide culture event, build an alter based on a social issue
-Distinguished Entry in a national poetry competition (winners not announced yet)
-Published Author- The poem I submitted through the contest was chosen to be a part of a book
-AP Scholar

SAT Score:1400 750 Math 650 EW (studying to take again)
Will take SAT Chem and Math 2 tests

I plan to Apply to Berkeley, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, USC, and some ivies although I don't know if I have a chance Brown, Cornell, or UPenn

Low Income, Hispanic, Male, Parents are immigrants with a primary school education

Replies to: Chance me please?

• engineering2022engineering2022 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Questbridge is impressive, but you definitely need to raise test scores for ivies. I'd say you have a good chance at UCLA, UCI, UCSD, and USC.
  • sparkykoolkatsparkykoolkat Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Brown, Cornell, and UPenn are all very high reaches. Your GPA is below the 25th %tile for them. In addition your SAT is also low for these schools. UCLA and UCB are also reaches, for the same reasons above. Everything else looks like a match. You may need to add some more safety schools. Good luck!