Could I Get Into UT Austin?
I went on a campus visit at UT Austin 3 weeks ago and really loved the atmosphere and overall feel of the school and I would really like to go there. However, I'm not sure if my chances are slim with where I am academically and extracurricularly:
- 3.85 GPA (unweighted)
- Top 10%
- 1170 on SAT (I know, it's pretty low and I really need to study)
- I've been taking all pre-AP and AP classes since sophomore year and am doing so my senior year as well
- AP English Exam score: 4
- Around 250 community service hours (it should be about 350 by the end of my senior year)
- In NHS, NEHS (officer), Student VOICES (a group of students that plan a diversity conference)
- Industry Representive for gynecology in the medical science academy at my school
- I'm a mentor to two incoming freshman
- I volunteer at the VA, Houston Food Bank, Goodwill and this nursing home
- I also assisted in a research project under the director of the Center of Infectious Diseases. Should I put that in my resume?
Speaking of which, what should I include in my resume? And is submitting my application around mid-September a good or bad idea?
Please let me know! Thanks(: