Chance me / Recommend Schools (Computer Science)
I am starting to get into this stressful process of college applications. In fact, I am writing my college applications right now. I would like some of your suggestions on what colleges I should look into. I have an interest in computer science.
GPA My unweighted GPA is 4.0 My weighed GPA is 5.048 Not sure of my class ranking, but I am assuming I must be in the top 5%.
I will not bore you with all my classes. I don't know if it even matters, but it might be worth mentioning if my class is not AP, it is an honors class. Some classes worth mentioning:
AP World History (Freshmen year) (AP Score: 4) (A)
AP Human Geography (Sophomore year) (AP Score: 5) (A)
AP World History (Junior year) (AP Score: 5) (A)
AP Language and composition (Junior year) (AP Score: 5) (A)
AP Computer Science (Senior year) AP Calculus AB (Senior year) AP Physics (Senior year)
Demographics I am a hispanic. I have been in the country since I was in 6th grade (don't know if it matters)
I have taken only the SAT. However, I plan to take both the SAT and the ACT possibly one more time. I plan to take subject tests after that, but at the moment, I have not taken subject tests.
SAT (March) = 1400 (640 reading, 760 math)
SAT (June) = 1450 (710 reading, 740 math)
- Robotics Industry Certified by REC Foundation
- AutoCAD user certification
- Extensive participation in FBLA competitions: 2nd place on Business Math FBLA District Competition (2015), 3rd place on Business Calculations FBLA District Competition (2016), 3rd place on Cyber Security FBLA State Competition (2017)
- I volunteer as an instructor to a local middle school engineering club, aiding middle school students with robotics and programming projects. I have more than 50 community hours doing this. (2016-2017)
- Developed an invoice system for the proper tracking of online sales for a company's (I can provide the name on the application) sales department. Software was developed according to their specific needs and requirement to store data remotely.
- Intern at a programming summer camp for kids (can also provide the name on application). I helped with both programming instructing and robotics.
- Published an application on the AppStore, currently working along a partner to launch another two applications.
- I do have experience with HTML, CSS, MySQL, but I don't know if it is relevant to just state some skills.
Technology Student Association (TSA) president (or vice-president, not completely sure yet) (2017-2018)
- I also have belonged to national honor society and math honor society for a couple years, but I don't think it is that significant since I am just a member.
I love doing programs and applications. It is my passion to program, so I want to major in computer science. What do you guys is a realistic goal for me? Please be harsh and let me know what I have to improve. Appreciate your time. Thank you.