Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

My Chance at Ivies?

sanjiv2001sanjiv2001 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I just started my junior year of HS.
What are my chances of getting into an ivy league?

I am definitely in the top 5% in GPA. I predict I will have a 3.96 unweighted by the end of junior year and at least a 5.4 weighted. I am in the STEM program in the school, meaning I take the max APs and highest level classes. (at least 13 APs by end of 12th, not to mention the 2-3 I will self-study).

Extracurricular wise, I will have many above average activities and awards on the national level. These include science fairs, engineering and robotic competitions, and other volunteering accomplishments and club leadership positions.

Personally, I think when the time comes my college essays will be great.

Here is the problem: I started junior year but I have no great relationships with teachers. They all remember me, but I haven't been as standout as other kids. They don't know about my extracurricular accomplishments (but they do always ask for a list when I ask for a recc). My guidance has literally seen me in person 3 times, whereas others visit him and other teachers weekly.

Replies to: My Chance at Ivies?