Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

If I could change one thing....

PSedrishMDPSedrishMD Posts: 712Registered User Member
edited January 9 in What Are My Chances?
....about my application, it would be ______ .
Take the poll!
Post edited by PSedrishMD on

Replies to: If I could change one thing....

• Synthetic AngelSynthetic Angel Posts: 628Registered User Member
    You should have put a "I like where I stand" choice. I don't really think I would have changed anything.
  • Hippodrome123Hippodrome123 Posts: 232Registered User Junior Member
    I got into my ED school, so I would not have applied to the 4 others.
  • willywonkawillywonka Posts: 617Registered User Member
    I put my extracurriculars. I'm not ashamed of what I've accomplished, but I've just never had the vision that some people apparently have. I never knew it was possible for high school students to do the kinds of things I've heard about on here until I came here.

I've played a few sports here and there, I've been elected to some positions in some organizations and I've worked 25 hours a week throughout high school, but I just feel like I absolutely pale in comparison to the top applicants.
  • jprencipejprencipe Posts: 440Registered User Member
    Extracurriculars, by and far. I would try to show much more academic initiative and passion outside of the classroom. I do show academic initiative outside the classroom now, but I would have done a lot of serious lab research if I could redo the process.

Joey
  • allureNY86allureNY86 Posts: 669Registered User Member
    i would add a bunch of international awards to my resume. if i could.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,396CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    Er. I'm just a junior, but this is still an interesting poll.

I would have stopped procrastinating in freshman year and worked for more achievements (-__-): eg. studied 10 hrs/ day for the IBO or ICO. lol. The point is, I wished I worked harder so I can have more time for other ECs now.
  • RubensRubens Posts: 95Registered User Junior Member
    my interview..
    I am sure that my extra curriculars and SAT and competetitveness of school make up for the mediocrity of my GPA... however, my interview was one that I will never forget. One stupid answer can break the interview, which sucks. However, I hope they saw my carelessness/bad joke as just that and not stupidity or immaturity.

Still I would rather take it back and avoid the whole thing.. haha. definitely interview.
  • ysc87ysc87 Posts: 53Registered User Junior Member
    GPA definately. my ECs are fine, except i wish i could've gotten my eagle.
  • FlamingChickenFlamingChicken Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    Definately GPA...if I had all A's (i only take AP classes) throughout high school i would be all set.... everything is awesome except my grappy GPA...
  • nanday0nanday0 Posts: 321Registered User Member
    GPA...I got like 4 borderline B+'s
  • quadronquadron Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    GPA/Rank for sure. I slack.
  • StanfordHopeful05StanfordHopeful05 Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    I would definitely defintely definitely chance my SAT I and SAT II scores...other than that I think I'm ok.
  • jwlee8jwlee8 Posts: 389Registered User Member
    gpa definitely
    i got 11 Bs
  • courtette44courtette44 Posts: 142Registered User Junior Member
    i totally slack too. like for real, not "maaaah, i got beeeeesss," but like 4 cs and a d. in spanish of all things. what was i thinking? aaah. but my weighted gpa is still like 4.2 and i'm applying to top schools and could actually get in, maybe. not all is lost. but OOH i wish i could change my grades.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,396CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    i wish i applied to more top schools. basically all the schools i applied to are 1. safety or 2. i have a 50% chance of admissions and they are all within 2 ranks of each other for my major. i thought i would get in all of the safeties and get in 2 out of the 6 good schools i applied to, and i'd visit the two schools and it would be an easy choice because i would be really glad to get into a good school. i ended up getting into every damn school and wondered what if i applied to .... and every school had things i didn't like. this is the worst feeling i believe.