Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Clam fart!!!!!!!! Oh my God... What did I do?!

SillBillSillBill Posts: 236Registered User Junior Member
edited January 6 in What Are My Chances?
I just realized that I listed "clam fart" as an extracurricular activity on my application to Yale. *dies* I was filling it out while one of my friends was over my house, and she was intently watching as I filled it out (which was annoying me). So, as a shocker, I typed in "clam fart" and she started laughing hysterically. BUT I FORGOT TO DELETE IT!!!!! What's worse is that I wrote that I had been doing it for 17 years!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what a clam fart is!!!!! It's already submitted (obviously), but I didn't re-read the printed version of my application closely until today. Should I call the office of admissions??
Post edited by SillBill on

Replies to: Clam fart!!!!!!!! Oh my God... What did I do?!

• tickytock14tickytock14 Posts: 617Registered User Member
    funniest post I've ever read on CC.
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom Posts: 14,968Registered User Senior Member
    That's really funny.
  • BedHeadBedHead Posts: 2,730Registered User Senior Member
    Wow, I would try to get in touch with them personally -- phone, don't email -- and explain to them the circumstances of what happened.

I think the most serious issue here is the perceived lying that you have been involved in clam fart for 17 years. That kind of lying gets even those granted admission rescinded. Less important, but still not good for you, is the fact that you left clam fart activities on your application simply because you didn't proofread carefully enough.

Good luck. I hope you've learned something from this.
  • SillBillSillBill Posts: 236Registered User Junior Member
    Learned something? No, I didn't learn anything. I was joking around with my friend, and I made a simple mistake by missing it when I proofread. Do you want me to get rid of my personality? You don't have to be rude.
  • lje62lje62 Posts: 3,570Registered User Senior Member
    If I were reviewing your application, I would admit you just for the clamfart typo..
    Even adcoms need a good laugh at a stressful time of year.
  • neumesneumes Posts: 1,291Registered User Senior Member
    I believe that they will understand it was a typo and should have been "calm frat" and you must of course be joking because there is no such thing.
  • rodneyrodney Posts: 9,406Registered User Senior Member
    I could just imagine them sitting there around the admissions table....None of them want to admit they have no clue what "clam fart" is....What a unique EC? Let's let him/her in to actually find out.....HaHa
  • BedHeadBedHead Posts: 2,730Registered User Senior Member
    Learned something? No, I didn't learn anything. I was joking around with my friend, and I made a simple mistake by missing it when I proofread. Do you want me to get rid of my personality? You don't have to be rude.

I hope you realize my entire post was meant tongue-in-cheek, but I fear you may not. I assumed yours was too and so I was responding, I thought, in kind. I really did not mean to be rude, but you've definitely succeeded in injecting some hilarity to CC and probably to the room where adcom members read your application...

The fact that it wasn't -- well, if I worked for admissions I might even let you in just for having it there. They may not be so kind, though.

If this was a serious post, I would just send a note to add to your file. I fear your calling to explain it might just make you a laughing stock of the admissions office
  • Tyler09Tyler09 Posts: 2,768Registered User Senior Member
    OMG, leave it!

I swear they'll put that in one of those admissions book as an example of why you should proofread your application
  • neumesneumes Posts: 1,291Registered User Senior Member
    I would let sleeping clam farts lie, myself. No point in bringing attention to it.
  • jedimindtricksjedimindtricks Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    funniest. post. ever.

(On CC, that is)

well, er... maybe they will take it as a sense of humor?
  • you'llsee...you'llsee... Posts: 4,535Registered User Senior Member
    wow, if this is real....
  • CountingDownCountingDown Posts: 10,346Registered User Senior Member
    My S listed my spouse's job as "faceless bureaucrat" on one of his applications. Was accepted and is up for one of the school's full ride scholarships. It's something we'll laugh about for years to come. He also had a couple of inside jokes and funny descriptions in his activities resume.

By late February, I am sure a sense of humor wins brownie points with admissions folks.

Not to worry! :D
  • azn&proudazn&proud Posts: 214Registered User Junior Member
    lmao..........
  • blondie625blondie625 Posts: 547Registered User Member
    HAHAHAHA!! I hope you get in!