Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

good sat + bad rank + bad gpa=?

shinnlnshinnln Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited July 2008 in What Are My Chances?
Bad GPA + Good SAT + Good AP = What?

*Please remember that the terms "bad" and "good" are relative, and in no way do I mean to imply that my SAT score is amazing, or that my GPA is horrible. Different people have different standards.

Hello =]
i'm a new comer. i came to american 2 years ago. since there's different standard to measure the grade in my country, i got a really low gpa, about 2.7 out of 4 and 3.7 out of 6, and a low rank, last 25%, when i came to USA. I've worked very hard, since then, and improve my gpa and school rank a lot.

here's my stats.

GPA: 3.3 out of 4
4.5 out of 6

SAT: 2140

rank top 50%

i was a class chairman two year in row, and was accoladed as a all-star student 5 year in row in my country.

is there a change i can get into a top 50 college lsuch as nyu ?
Post edited by shinnln on

Replies to: good sat + bad rank + bad gpa=?

• NathaivelNathaivel Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    What's your GPA in the past two years?

Yeah that SAT score on its own doesn't really say much for you. I had a friend whose brother had a B average but score a perfect on his SAT and wrote really good essays, he got in to MIT. But a 2140 doesn't really say the same thing.
  • jacobe91jacobe91 Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
    im confused...3.7 out of 6...? is dat ur gpa? o.o;; lol. and if ur thinking of using ur SATs, u prolly should take SAT IIs also. and any ECs?
  • ViromonkeyViromonkey Posts: 315Registered User Member
    I am also very confused.
  • shinnlnshinnln Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    my gpa in past two year is 3.75 out of 4
  • greennbluegreennblue Posts: 1,736Registered User Senior Member
    Good, I think you can get into a top 50 then.