Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Northwestern chances!

southstudent10southstudent10 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
edited September 2008 in What Are My Chances?
Soo I'm quite anxious to know whether or not I should give a shot at NU because I know I'm not the smartest in my class and I also know that NU is very hard to get accepted into! So I would appreciate very much if anyone would give me some advice on what to do to improve and if I should give it a shot because it would be worth it! So here are the stats:

General:
Female
Mexican
HS class 2010
In-state (in IL), I don't know if this matters but I know some colleges are more leniant to those who already are in state
I'm planning on applying ED to northwestern as well

Academics:
I feel that I can write a very good essay for my college APPS too so that should be in consideration..
Class Rank - top 20%, working on that this year to be top 10%..lots of hard work to do!
GPA - 5.0
ACT - 29, but I'm in an ACT class right now targeting the Oct. 25 ACT and hoping to get a 31-33 range!
Classes (for JR year)- Fashion merchandising (FACS required), AP English, AP U.S., Phyics, Spanish IV, Honors Precal
..I've been in regular spanish and sciences for all 3 years..
E.C.- Student Council representative 3 yrs (still going), School newspaper - features editor, 2 years(next year probably editor in chief), Class Officer - spiritmaker, 3 years still going(voted on), Athletes Committed to Excellence2 years still going, Peer Leadership Network2 years still going, Hornet Habits 1st year, only jrs/srs(leadership program), Diversity Club 1st year, and soon to be (not started until JR year winter) National Honors Society, very involved in badminton at my school- hoping to go to state this year! (3 yrs+)

I'm hoping to major in Journalism and maybe Mass Communications... let me know if you have any advice or let me know of my chance at Northwestern please!
Post edited by southstudent10 on

Replies to: Northwestern chances!